Lisa M. Rose
Lisa M. Rose is an herbalist and forager with a background in anthropology and a professional focus on community health. Rose’s professional career has included food work in the Napa Valley, Leelanau County, Grand Rapids and across the Great Lakes. She has been part of growing the local food movement in West Michigan from the ground up. When she is not in her own gardens or kitchen, Rose can be found in the fields and forests, leading foraging plant walks and teaching classes on edible and medicinal wild plants. Beyond the Great Lakes, Rose’s interest in ethnobotany and herbal medicine have taken her across the United States and into the Yucatan, mainland Mexico, Nicaragua, and Brazil to study plants, people, health, and their connection to place.
Posts by Lisa M. Rose:
- Acorns Aren’t Just for Squirrels
- New Book!
- Simply Sassy: A Mitten Gal’s Sassafras Rootbeer
- A Spring Celebration
- A Gardener’s Refresh: Spring 2021
- Re-Writing our future
- Michigan Maple Fleur de Sel Caramels
- First Aid for Sunburns: Roses to the Rescue
- The Kitchen Herbalist: DIY Elderberry Syrup
- Mulberry Musings